A little info about Cheryl:
Cheryl started dating my oldest brother when I was around 1 year old.
They were married when I was three, and I was their flower girl.
I still have the dress I wore!
Basically, I cannot remember Cheryl NOT being a part of our family.
Or this meat pie, actually, because she's kindly made it
for many of our family gatherings.
We almost always have the ingredients on hand here at our house,
so it's a classic "go-to" in a pinch.

5 Ingredient Meat Pie
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 can peas
1 can beef gravy
1 small onion, chopped
1 frozen pie crust (top & bottom)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Poke bottom crust of pie with fork, place it (unfilled) in oven
and bake for 15-20 minutes.
This helps to alleviate a soggy-bottomed crust, because really, who wants THAT added to this already cruel world? ;)
Whilst the crust is baking...
Brown ground beef and onion together. Drain if necessary. Add beef gravy, then peas - stirring carefully to combine. Simmer a little.
Remove crust from oven. Pour in cooked beef/onion/peas/gravy mixture.
(Tip: If you want to stretch this further, you can divide this mixture into 2 separate pies - although filling will be substantially thinner.)
Place uncooked pie crust on top and pinch sides to seal into bottom crust.
With fork, poke a few holes through top crust to let steam escape.
My sis-in-law sprinkles paprika on the top, but I forgot. And besides, then I'd have to change the name to "6 Ingredient Meat Pie" and, honey, I just ain't got the time.
Bake 20 mins. or until pie crust has browned to your liking.
Slice and serve w/a side o' mashed taters and a bit more gravy, if desired.

Enjoy and let me know if you try it and like it.
------
Linked to Made By You Monday, Homemaker Monday, Making the World Cuter Monday, Market Yourself Monday.




0 comments:
Post a Comment